Primary Proposal: Should a HOPR Community Trust be established in the BVI to manage HOPR Community assets using governance processes established via the eighth HOPR governance experiment?

Is it possible that you livestream or record the call with the lawyers that was mentioned in another thread? it would be interesting to see what you are asking and what the answers are. assuming the legal advice is not privileged of course

I trust the team decision as well as DAO decision. I agree and support this

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Been supporting the HOPR teamā€™s decisions for a few years now. When things are out my knowledge base, I try my best to learn. But at the end of the day, I have to put faith in others to do the right thing.A lot of this info appears as if it is a foreign language. :grinning: Over the previous years the HOPR team has demonstrated their good intentions. I will support the decision.

I always believe in the hopr team, they always work every day to make the project better

Ah sorry, the call already happened on Friday before I saw this. I donā€™t think it would be possible to stream these as itā€™s the HOPR Association which is the client, through an arrangement made before this process started.

Itā€™s likely that the relationship will continue with the trust and / or governance platform as separate client(s) and I think it would be possible to record or stream these

Separately, this raises an interesting problem in decentralized governance from a privacy perspective. There are parts of governance which are much simpler behind closed doors. This isnā€™t sinister: the simplest example is conducting negotiations. If, say, the trust wanted to enter into a contract with an external partner and their were prior negotiations, the trust would be at quite a disadvantage if all its strategizing had to happen in a public forum.

1 Like

Will some form of the Hopr Foundation or Hopr Rise be physically semi permanently relocated to BVI or would that even be necessary?

Such as for preparation and signature of documents in front of a notary, if that is not covered within the scope of the BVI lawyers able to to perform certain acts as Hopr agents, or other odd details unique to BVI.

No physical presence should be needed for HOPR Community Trust. And there are no plans to move HOPR RiSe or HOPR Association out of Swiss jurisdiction